Last updated 3 April 2020
Information CPL collects
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly, including when you register to use the Ako Maps Platform, interact and use with the Ako Maps Platform or parts or resources from the Ako Maps Platform, or contact us (by email or otherwise).
We also collect information automatically using cookies, or other web measurements tools, as you use the Akomaps platform and our other websites.
The personal information we collect from you may include:
- your name and email address;
- what organisation you are associated with, and if you are a teacher or student, the name of the school you are associated with;
- a record of how you use the Ako Maps Platform, including the amount of time you spend on the platform, your activities and the content you create on the platform, and whether or how you share content on the platform; and
- a record of your communications with CPL.
What we use your information for
- to register you as a user of the Ako Maps Platform;
- to facilitate your access to, and use of, the Ako Maps Platform and for personalising your experience;
- to operate the Ako Maps Platform and analyse your use of the Ako Maps Platform;
- if you are given access to, or use, content created by other users of the Ako Maps Platform, to analyse how you use that user’s content;
- to send you map share notifications, when we have been instructed by another user to do so. When we send you map share notifications, we assume that you have consented to receive that map share notification;
- to respond to any queries you make, including assisting with the resolution of technical support issues;
- where you have provided your consent, to send you marketing messages (including by email) about the Ako Maps Platform, and other CPL products we think you might be interested in;
- for our research and development purposes, including contacting you to ask you to evaluate and give us feedback on the Ako Maps Platform;
- managing our relationship with you, and exercising our rights under our contracts with you;
- to prevent illegal activity that threatens the Ako Maps Platform, our computer systems or networks; and
- to comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations.
Sharing your personal information
CPL may disclose your personal information to:
- our service providers, including people or organisations that provide Akomaps courses;
- our partners and related companies;
- if a third party organisation invited you to use the Akomaps platform, that third party organisation;
- if you are given access to, or use, content created by another user of the Ako Maps Platform, that user to allow then to analyse how you have used that content;
- any other third parties where you have consented to such disclosure or if we are required to disclose your personal information by law or court order.
Web measurement tools and cookies
We use web measurement tools, including cookies, to give us insights as to how you are using the Akomaps platform and our other websites. This information is anonymised. We use that information to improve and to give you a personalised user experience when you are using or browsing the Akomaps platform and our other websites.
You can change the settings on your browser to disable cookies while you are using the Website.